Water. Are you drinking enough?
What if I told you 43% of Americans are not drinking enough water for their body. That's almost half! Would you be in there? It's hard with our crazy busy lives to remember to stop and drink water. Not only does being dehydrated come with its own set of problems, but drinking enough has so many incredible benefits for your body's health. First off: how much is enough?
Realistically none of us are around 100 pounds, and probably fall into the 4-6 bottle range. Is that more then you thought? Here are some of the most important reasons WHY drinking so much water is important.
1. It helps you exercise better. Water helps fuel your muscles, so drinking before or during exercise will boost energy, as well as reduce the likelihood of cramps and sprains. 2. It boosts your metabolism Research has shown that drinking half a litre of water within 30-40 minutes can increase how fast your body burns calories by up to 30%. 3. It gives you younger skin Drinking water combats dry skin, flushing out toxins and bacteria. So preventing dehydration improves the appearance of skin giving a healthier and more youthful look. 4. It cures headaches. Reach for a glass before popping a pill. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of headaches. Maintaining a regular water intake should combat most headaches even those brought about by fatigue. 5. It boosts productivity A regular supply of water to your body helps your brain work at a better pace and helps you concentrate. Just as your car will go further with more fuel, your productivity levels will increase with more water. 6. It's good for your immunity Drinking water helps to fight against colds and flu and prevents salts accumulating in the kidneys which form kidney stones. It also maintains the thickness of blood plasma avoiding cardiovascular complications In addition to preserving the correct shape of bones preventing arthritis. 7. It improves digestion Water assists in the removal of toxins and waste from your body encouraging regular bowel movements and is crucial for a healthy gut. Drink water means no more constipation. 8. It'll increase your energy Hydrating your body increases its power to work to its full capacity.Not only will you avoid feeling tired, but you'll never have an excuse to be lazy again.
AND if you really needed one more reason...
9. It makes you happier Water encourages the flow of nutrients and hormones around your body releasing endorphins which make you feel happier. Your body is likely to feel in better condition too and as a consequence you will not only look better but feel better too.
I know that we all try to get enough water. I mean with benefits like that who wouldn't?! It's not like we avoid it just to be a crazy rebel non-water drinking monster.
Here are some tips that I personally have found to make drinker more easier.
- Buy a pretty water bottle.
- Make sure that the pretty water bottle keeps your water cold. No one like room temperature or heated-up-car-temperature water. Plus ice cold water burns more calories in your belly!
- I like mine with a straw. Something about having a straw makes it easier to grab, especially when driving! But that's a personal preference.
- Drink it with limes or lemons, even look up recipes for detox waters. Flavoring the water makes it fun and easier to drink. PLUS lemons in the water has a whole new list of benefits, but I'll have to get to that in another post. =]
All in all, let's get our skin glowing, our digestion flowing, and get our happiness on, all by drinking more water. Have any more tips? Comment below and let me know! =] Xo